A notice on Ocean Park’s website said it will remain shut until further notice, and that people who have already bought tickets will be able to exchange them or get a refund.
A similar notice on Disneyland’s website said the theme park was closing as a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts, but its hotels will operate as normal.
The Chief Executive, Carrie Lam on Saturday announced the government alert was being raised to its highest level. She said health declarations would be compulsory for all visitors from the mainland, but rejected calls for a temporary ban on all arrivals from across the border.
Some experts have been critical of the government measures so far and calling for more steps to prevent the virus from spreading in Hong Kong.
The coronavirus, which is similar to Sars, has created havoc on the mainland with over 50 people killed and nearly 2,000 confirmed infections.
Hong Kong has reported five cases of the virus so far and all of them arrived via the express rail link to the mainland.
Mainland authorities have have put Wuhan and several other cities under lockdown to prevent people from going in or out of the city.